Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mental Anabiosis

"Mental Anabiosis" 1843, ink 
   Artists are regularly impelled towards a cognitive/aesthetic slumber when a creative drought strikes. I have oftentimes found myself in such a stasis; yet low-n-behold a life sustaining shower of inspiration will reign/rain down on me, and I am once again sprouting noetic ballyhoo.
   My tool/weapon/manner of germination has always been my sketchbooks. I keep at least one (typically 3 or four) growing at all times. Ironically this medium has become my primary means of artistic creation/formulation.."it" has flourished into a forest of psychical weeds, esoteric soliloquys, graphical tryouts, character environses, and media oodles.
   What you seed is what you begat.

2 comments:

  1. More brilliant texture work....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, thanks as always for your input, your alliance, and best of all your friendship

    ReplyDelete